We operate a 3 ‘working day’ repeat prescription service. Working days being Monday to Friday (Bank Holidays excluded).
PLEASE NOTE THAT IT IS NOT ALWAYS NECESSARY TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT WITH YOUR DOCTOR FOR A REPEAT PRESCRIPTION.
We now have 5 ways that you can order your repeat prescriptions from us:-
- Online via the form on this page. Please be sure to enter your first name and last name.
- Send in by post to albion street surgery, 9 Albion Street, Brighton, BN2 9PS.
- Drop into our post box both in and outside the front lobby, or bring to reception desk
- Email us on email@example.com . Please state you name , date of birth, address, the medicines that you need, why you need them and whether there is any information you want us to consider.
- Arrange for a chemist near you to submit your prescriptions.
To obtain your prescription you can choose from :
- The best way is to have NHS Electronic Prescription Service or EPS, It's quickest and the is no chance of lost prescriptions. You have to nominate a pharmacist. Please speak with reception or you pharmacist to do this. More information here.https://www.nhs.uk/using-the-nhs/nhs-services/pharmacies/electronic-prescription-service/
- If you have stable regular repeat prescriptions we would prefer to prescribe a year's worth of prescriptions in one go, usually in 1 month or 3 month blocks. This is called NHS Electronic Repeat Dispensing or ERD We will send the prescriptions electronically to your nominated pharmacy. All you have to do is then go to your pharmacy when you run out. When the pharmacist issues your last prescription , they will advise you to make contact with the practice to renew you repeat prescription. Most pharmacists will offer to make contact with us on your behalf. Please speak to reception , your pharmacy or any member of our team for more information. More info here. https://digital.nhs.uk/services/electronic-prescription-service/explaining-electronic-repeat-dispensing-to-patients
- A pharmacy to collect from us. Please arrange with your local pharmacy. It's much easier for patient, pharmacist and us if you have electronic prescriptions rather than paper ones. From March 2019, even prescriptions controlled drugs such as morphine and pregabalin scripts will be electronic.
- Sending in a stamped addressed envelope for us to return it. Please allow postal time on top of the three working days needed to process your request.
- Come into reception between 8.30am and 6pm weekdays to collect
WE WILL NOT TAKE PRESCRIPTION REQUESTS OVER THE TELEPHONE .